RSS
Username: Password:
Remember me: 
Signin using your Gmail or Yahoo account signin using google or yahoo

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Most difficult branch of engineering? 
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

Post Most difficult branch of engineering?
What would you guys say is the most difficult branch of Engineering as far as getting the degree goes? Like, which has the hardest math, hardest physics, hardest whatever?

My guess is either Biomed, or Mechanical. I'm wondering as I'm not entirely sure what field of engineering I wanna do (or if I even should, don't wanna get in over my head and waste time/money), so I figured I'd ask you guys here.

Wed May 27, 2009 12:28 pm
myEngg Young Blood
myEngg Young Blood

Post Re: Most difficult branch of engineering?
I have been told over and over electrical engineering is the hardest engineering branch. However everyone says how organic chemistry is one of the hardest engineering branch. My uncle has taken both nuclear/ and organic chem and said nuclear chem is much much harder then organic chemistry. So if nuclear chemistry is that hard wouldn't that make nuclear engineering the hardest engineering branch? Do people often say electrical engineering is the hardest because they don't consider nuclear due to the low amount of people studying it?

Anyone here taking nuclear engineering? Tips/advice? I'm considering this major more then I have any another. I really want to build nuclear spacecraft.

Wed May 27, 2009 12:58 pm

if you really want to do nuclear engineering why do you care if it's difficult or how people perceive it? just go ahead and fulfil your dream....

Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 pm
myEngg Young Blood
myEngg Young Blood

electrical engineering is often regarded as the most difficult major. Certainly it is the most competitive.

Wed May 27, 2009 1:06 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

Computers Science and Engineering is definitely one of the easiest courses in Engineering. and Electronics and Communication Engineering is a little bit tougher than CSE.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering I believe is a Tough and Challenging course among the popular branches of engineering (CSE,ECE,EEE,MECH). Mechanical should not be as touch as EEE. First preference of many IITians will be Electrical and Electronics Engineering. They prefer it to CSE.
Guys, this is just my perception, please feel free to comment on my thoughts.

Wed May 27, 2009 1:08 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

Guys, i agree that the Electrical and Electronics Engineering is the toughest among the popular branches (CSE,ECE,EEE,MECH,CIVIL,CHEMICAL)
But there are other branches of Engineering like "Engineering in Applied Physics" which are even tougher

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:40 pm
myEngg Sergeant
myEngg Sergeant

in my opinion most difficult branch of engineering changes with each individual, say if a person doesnt like physics for him most difficult branch of engineering will be engineering in physics. If another person doesnt like chemistry then for him most difficult branch of engineering will be engineering in chemistry and so on.

so i think difficult branch of engineering is each individual based thing, isnt it?

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:20 pm
myEngg Young Blood
myEngg Young Blood

if you see the big picture all the branches in engineering are difficult, your interest and hardwork makes it easy. There is nothing like difficult or easy, everything looks easy when you work hard and everyhting looks hard when you take it easy.

Just think about it you will surely agree. So instead of banging you head about which branch of engineering is difficult rather choose you choice of interest and work hard. You will see the positive results........ 8-)

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:29 pm

hello every one.
computer engineering is the most difficult field you could ever imagine.
computer engineering is the designing of computing devices. it involves electrical engineering and computer science(programming) and several tough math. computer engineering is the back bone of technology. every thing in the super hi-tech world today is the product of computer engineering. intelligent devices to-robots.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:09 pm
myEngg Lieutenant
myEngg Lieutenant

Hey friends...

As per my Knowledge is concern Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering is supposed to be the Toughest one as it entirely depends on the Circuits and connections..

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next