CUSAT 2015 Regular Spot Admissions Rules – CUSAT 2015 Lateral Entry Spot Admissions Rules
CUSAT 2015 Spot Admissions Rules to B.Tech Regular and Lateral Entry Programs has been Published. All Students who are aspiring for Spot Admission to B.Tech Engineering and Lateral Entry Programs in Cochin University of Science and Technology through CUSAT 2015 Spot Round Counselling and searching for CUSAT 2015 Spot Admissions Rules are hereby informed that the CUSAT Authorities has Published CUSAT 2015 Spot Admission Rules and Regulations.
CUSAT 2015 Spot Admissions Rules :
The CUSAT 2015 Spot Admission to B Tech (Regular/Lateral Entry) 2015 shall be governed by the following rules.
1. All candidates having a valid CUSAT CAT 2015 rank, including those who have not registered options online, can take part in the CUSAT 2015 Spot Admission. Already admitted candidates should also participate in the spot admission if they wish to change
their branches to the newly available seats.
2. Candidates without CUSAT CAT rank will not be considered for the admission. (In the case of Kerala Scheduled Caste(KSC)/ Kerala Scheduled Tribe( KST ) seats, if candidates with CAT Rank are not available, candidates without CAT Rank also will be considered . Here the ranking will be based on their performance in plus 2 / Higher Secondary School examination and the same
will be specifically mentioned in the relevant notifications.)
3. All existing waiting lists based on student options will be cancelled before CUSAT 2015 spot admission. That means, the options exercised by the candidate for earlier admissions will not be considered in the CUSAT 2015 Spot admission.
4. The admission is purely based on the CAT rank , reservation status (Community/Nativity) and availability of seats at the time of admission.
5. Candidates should report for counseling for the spot admission in person along with the parent / guardian on the specified date and time for the counseling. Those who do not report before the stipulated time will not be considered for admission on that day,
under any circumstances.
6. Once allotted to a particular branch, the candidate should confirm his/her admission in that branch by submitting all the required documents in original and by remitting the required fees on the same day, failing which his/her allotment will be cancelled without any intimation.
7. Once the CUSAT 2015 Spot admission process is started, no more Updation based on the rank list will be done for the admitted candidates and the vacancies arising on or after first spot admission will be filled only by a spot admission.
8. Any candidate for spot admission who is already admitted in any branch (whether through spot admission or regular updation) should cancel such admission if he is offered a seat in a subsequent spot admission. However, to register their name for spot admission , there is no need to cancel the earlier admission.
9. In the case of cancellation of admission to take up a new seat in spot admission, the refund of fees paid for earlier admissions
, if any, will be subject to the cancellation/ refund rules of the University The balance of fees after deducting the refundable a
mount from the full course fee remitted should be paid on the same day.
10. After the first spot admission , if General or SEBC reservation category seats are still vacant , such seats will be converted as
GENERAL ALL INDIA MERIT Category and will be filled by conducting subsequent spot admissions in one or two stages. Fee for All India Merit seats will be applicable.
11. If KSC/ KST seats are vacant even after the second round spot admission, candidates without CAT rank will be considered
in the third round of Spot admission with proper notification. If KST seats are still vacant in the third round, it will be converted to
KSC Payment seats on the same day with proper notification.
12. In case KSC/KST seats are vacant even after the third round spot admission the seats will be filled by admitting eligible
NSC/NST candidates having a valid CAT rank.
13. In case KSC/KST seats are vacant even after the fourth round spot admission the seats will be filled by admitting eligible
OEC candidates with CAT rank with proper notification . Under no circumstances these seats will be converted to General/any other category
14. Physically Challenged(PHC) , Child of CUSAT staff( CHD ) and Anglo Indian/JEW(AIN/JEW) category seats are supernumerary and hence will not be converted to general category.
15. Candidates admitted through spot admission will not be automatically updated to other branches in subsequent spot admissions.
16. In addition to the above rules, the candidate should also read the General Instructions given to the candidates who
appear for CUSAT counseling and should obey the counseling rules and regulations specified in it .
17. Candidates seeking admission to the Academic Programmes of the University are advised to be conversant with the various instructions, procedures, rules etc. detailed in the CAT notification and prospectus (CAT brochure) published in the website
Source : CUSAT 2015 Spot Admissions Rules
For More Updates regarding : CUSAT LET 2015 Spot Round Counselling and Seat Allotment