JEE Main analysis – JEE Advanced Analysis – JEE Preparation Plans – Difference between JEE Main Vs JEE Advanced
Joint Entrance Exam – JEE is being conducted for entrance in to the IITs, NITs and IIITs in India. From past three years JEE board is conducting JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. The students qualified in JEE Mains are eligible for getting admission in to the NITs, IIITs and other private universities all over India. First two lakh students who got qualified in the JEE Mains are eligible for JEE Advanced. Where as the students who qualifies In JEE Advanced by getting good rank can get an opportunity of studying in India’s best IITs. This article gives some analysis on the JEE Mains and Advanced, Cut off marks based on the changes done and the way the exams are being conducted.
Some Highlights Regarding JEE Main and JEE Advanced :-
- AIEEE was started in the year 2002 for getting admissions in to the NITs and IIITs
- The same has been renamed as JEE Mains in the year 2013
- Till 2010 these exams were only conducted as offline exams and experimentally they have started conducting the exams online from 2011
- From 2013 on CBSE Authorities has facilitated the Applicants to opt for JEE Main Entrance Test in both Online and Offline Modes.
There are few changes between JEE Mains and JEE Advanced in terms of syllabus and some other things. Lets have a look on the changes.
- For getting a seat in NITs and IIITs students were appearing for the AIEEE Exam which was conducted by CBSE, where as for getting a seat in it’s the so called JEE Advanced exam is being conducted by one of the Premier Institutes (IITs)
- JEE Mains will have 90 questions and the students are given with 3 hours of time, where as JEE Advanced will be conducted in two terms and the time frame is 6 hours, they may ask 110 – 130 questions
- JEE mains will be bit easy when compared to that of the JEE Advanced. But JEE Advanced is a tough one and one should have prepare deeply to crack JEE Advanced then only you can get good score.
- Accuracy and speed both are important in JEE mains, one should cover the syllabus and use the tricks and techniques to solve the problems. Where as memory plays a major role. But when it comes to JEE Advanced one should have good command on the concepts, fundamentals. Most of the questions will be in twisted and not that easy to solve.
- More than 14 lakh students will be appearing for JEE Mains, JEE Mains will have a common cutoff and it will not have subject wise cutoff. But only first 200000 top scores will be eligible for appearing the JEE Advanced. There will be subject wise cutoff based on that they will set Cutoff over all for the students who have written the JEE Advanced
- 40% of the Intermediate marks will be considered as weightage for JEE Mains and the remaining 60% will based on the JEE Main Score. The ranks will be based on the weightage, where as in JEE Advanced the students will get seat in IITs only based on the Merit. The student should have got at least 75% of marks in intermediate and its mandatory. If the student has merit and didn’t met the above criteria then he is not eligible to get seat in IITs.
Suggestions for Students Preparing for JEE Main and JEE Advanced :-
- JEE Mains and JEE Advanced may have differences in terms of difficulty, but it doesn’t make any difference for a student who is getting prepared for those competitive exams. one must have good command on basics and focus on the problem solving techniques. One should not try to se the solution once they are preparing, try your best and keep on trying. If you start looking at the solutions before trying to solve it you may loose your confidence.
- Don’t leave any question in half while getting prepared, skipping from one question to another in hurry is one of common mistake that the students will do while appearing for any exams.
- If you feel that the question is tough and new to you, better not to try at all. That will be the good thing you can do at that point of time, more over it’s a strategy that we will not waste time on the problem that we are not capable of doing.
- Start solving the problems based on conceptual approach. Its not good to solve the problem blindly by seeing it. Have a glance at the question carefully and know what they are asking, that drives you towards right path to solve the particular problem
- Divide the preparation time equally for all the subject, it would be better if you have a board in place and chalk it on so that the student can
For More Updates on : JEE Main, JEE Advanced 2016 Entrance Test