Engineering
RSS
Home > EAMCET, Engineering Colleges & Universities, News > NRI Quota’s Reserved seats are Reduced in the Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh

NRI Quota’s Reserved seats are Reduced in the Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh



The All Indian Council for Technical Education had reduced the NRI Quota for the Engineering colleges under Management quota from 15% to 5%. Basically in the Previous years 15% of the Total seats under EAMCET are reserved for the NRIs. But from the Academic year 2011-12 only 5% of the seats will be available for the NRI’s. Based on the AICTE New Norm the Director of Technical Education is now trying to make a government order. As per the Rules and Regulations 70% of the Engineering seats in the seats should be filled under convener quota and the remaining 30% of seats can be filled under the Management Quota. Out of those 30%, 15% of the seats are reserved for the NRIs.

Based on the Verdict of the Supreme Court the AICTE have fixed the Fee of Rs 31,000 for the admissions under Convener Quota and Rs 95,000 Under Management Quota and the Fee Under the NRI Quota is nearly 5,000 Dollars (ie,. 2.25 lakhs). As there are more than 700 Engineering colleges in India many of the NRI Students are preferring the top 10 – 15 colleges only and the remaining seats in the NRI Quota are left vacant. But the New decision of the AICTE is not fair to implement as it effects the 2/3 rds of the Revenue. For example an famous and well known Engineering college in AP had got 11,00,00 Dollars in the 2010 admissions season.



  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.