IIST 2017 Admissions Eligibility Criteria
IIST Admissions Eligibility Criteria for 2017-Eligibility Criteria as per IIST Eligibility Norms
Indian institute of Space Science and Technology invites eligible and interested candidates to register for admissions for 2017.candidates who are interested to join in this institution are informed that admission notification for admissions for 2017 was released by institute.Before registration,you must have to check Eligibility requirements.
Candidates are informed that they must meet the Eligibility Criteria as given below:
Eligibility Criteria For IIST Admissions 2017:
Candidates must note that Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
Date of Birth:
Candidates must note that if they belongs to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1992 and if Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1987.
Candidates must have scored minimum aggregate of 75% in the class XII or equivalent Board Examination in Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics,A Language and any subject other than above four subjects.Candidates belonging to SC/ST and PD category must obtain minimum aggregate of 65% marks.
Marks Scored in JEE (Advanced) 2017:
Candidates are informed that they must appear for JEE Main 2017 conducted by CBSE to qualify themselves for JEE Advanced 2017 and must secure minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE Advanced 2017 as follows:
For General Candidates:
Candidates must score minimum of 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
For Other Backward Community -Non Creamy Layer(OBC-NCL):
Candidates must score minimum of 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
For Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST) & Persons with Disabilities(PD) Candidates:
Candidates must score minimum of 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
Qualifying Examination refers to:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as CBSE,ISCE etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
Candidates who qualifies in any one of the above qualifying examination, may be treated as Eligible for admission in IIST. Candidates are informed that IIST Admission Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who register online for admission to IIST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria.