Topic wise tips and EAMCET Physics Area wise weightage analysis
Here are the Topics wise suggestion and tips for the EAMCET aspirants and EAMCET Physics Area wise weightage analysis..
Many Physical Laws can be expressed quite neatly and concisely so it is essential on the part of the student to get a grip on vectors and its use. In EAMCET generally there will be 1 question directly asked but many a time questions based
in other topics like Kinematics, Dynamics, Rotatory Motion, but linked to Vectors are asked.
Hence students must understand clearly the Addition
of Vectors. Dividing vectors into rectangular components Scalar and vector multiplication. Finding work done, when F and S are given calculating power when F and V are given when sides of a triangle are given finding area, Finding torque when F and r are given are the frequently asked models.
• Must be very clear with concepts like displacement, acceleration, average velocity, relative velocity. Should try to visualize the problems in the mind to effectively tackle them.
• In projectiles finding Range, Max. Height Time of flight Velocity at any point on the trajectory are important. Generally there won’t be any twisters in this area but questions are straight and fair. Questions based on graphical data are also important.
Newton’s Laws of Motion, application of Newton’s Laws of motion, Principle of conservation of linear momentum. Work Power Energy, Work Energy Theorem are the main subtopics. While working out problems related to Collected
bodies, students should necessarily draw free body diagram. Some times it is advantageous to attack the problem using law of energy. Problems given in Telugu academy question bank will come in handy.
• Newton’s first law defines inertia and force
• Internal forces can’t produce motion
• First law is also known as law of equilibrium
Easy to prepare. Finding velocity of the cooling bodies in one dimensional elastic head on collision. Finding coefficient of restitution are some of the main topics.
• In head on one dimensional collisions, bodies move along a straight line before and after collision.
• If the bodies move in a plane before and after collision then it is two dimensional collision.
• Bullet of mass ‘m’ is fired from a gun of mass
Center of Mass :
Finding coordinates of Centre of Mass, characteristics of centre of mass, locating Centre of Mass for different shaped bodies are very important. Solving problems using method of symmetry method of decomposition, Pappus theorems
• Centre of mass need not always lie in/on the body.
• Newton’s law applicable to centre of mass.
• In Uniform gravitational field C.M and C.G coincide.
• Internal forces can’t produce acceleration in the centre of mass.
Students generally find it somewhat difficult in Understanding the intricacies of the sub concepts. Care must be taken deciding the directions while working out problems on inclined plane, equations of constraints. Whether the applied
force is sufficient enough to break the limiting friction or not is to be verified. Other Wise, results become haphazard. Therefore students should try to concentrate on main topics covered in the academy book.
• Friction oppose relative motion between two surfaces in contact and is always tangential to the surface constant
Rotatory Motion :
• Students can easily answer questions on vertical circular motion as they will be on expected liens.
• Problems of finding Torque, when position vector and force vector are given are important.
• Finding Moment of inertia of regular bodies using parallel and perpendicular axes theorem are important.
• Also, to work out problems based on conservation of angular momentum.
Be clear with basic forces in nature
• Simple question on Universal law of gravitation, variation of ‘g’ with altitude, depth, latitude are important.
• One can expect theory based question on Block holes, Chandrasekhar limit.
• Problem on orbital velocity, escape velocity are very – very important.
• Problem solving technique using energy conservation helps arrive at the answers.
SImple Harmonic Motion :
• Students should Understand the term phase and its importance in solving problems.
• Different relations for velocity, acceleration, maximum and minimum values are to be remembered.
• Finding time period of a simple pendulum in various conditions like lift, drawing out liquid from the bob, taking it onto the moon etc., are to be carefully worked out.
• To solve problems related to loaded spring, students should have clear idea of spring constant how it changes when it is cut and coupled with other springs.
• Test tube with mercury when floating in water is made to execute SHM, finding the time period is important and should be concentrated.
Surface Tension :
• Examples of surface tension from daily life, surface energy, Relation between surface tension and surface energy, angle of contact, capillarity. Effect of temperature on surface tension, Excess pressure in soap bubble and liquid
drop are topics from which we can expect questions. Problems like finding work done to split big drop into number of droplets, work done to blow a soap bubble are important.
• Surface tension in molecular phenomenon.
• Work done per Unit area is increasing the surface area is known as surface energy.
• Work done in forming a liquid drop
The advantage with elasticity is limited subtopics, limited models of problems. The main concepts are with different stress, strain related modulus of elasticity and Poisson’s ratio. To answer theory bits, concepts like elastic fatigue, behavior of wire Under increasing load must be Understood.
Temperature and Thermal Expansion :
To cover expansion of solids, liquids and gas gases under this lesson.
• Different scales of temperature, coefficient of linear, areal and volume expansion of solids and their relation. Variation in the time period of a pendulum clock with temperature are important. Similarly in expansion of liquids real,
apparent volume expansions and relation, problems on specific gravity bottle. Anomalous expansion of water are important. In gases pressure volume coefficients are to be prepared carefully. Problems on Boyle’s and Charles’s Laws, Universal
gas equation must be understood. “While working out gas equation, the units must be taken care.
Have clear idea of zeroth law of thermodynamics, Joules law, first law of thermodynamics. Heat calculations, Principle of calorimeter, finding
specific heat by method of mixtures. Adiabatic, isothermal changes. Conventions are important while solving the problems related to work done in Adiabatic and Isothermal processes coordinates of Triple point of water.
Wave Motion :
No difficulty in understanding any of the concepts in wave motion. Student should get mastery over the progressive wave equation and the analytical treatment we use for superposition principle. The laws of stretched string, Sonometer are very important variety of problems can be asked therefore full preparation is required. Standing waves in organ pipes Beats, Doppler effect are to be worked out carefully. Acoustics and elements the concepts are less in number and only fixed number of model problems therefore students can plan for good revision. No difficulty no confusion chapter.
• Proper planning is required otherwise it would be difficult to revise each and every concept and related problems.
• Expect simple questions on optical instruments, don’t go for complicated ones. Be clear about the image positions in case of eye pieces
• Try to solve problems on dispersive power.
• Also try to form a clear idea about emission and absorption spectra.
• Understanding optics through ray diagram makes things simple.
Physical Optics :
In EAMCET point of view , Physical Optics is very important. You can expect minimum 2 questions from this. Students should have clear understanding
of interference, conditions required for constructive and destructive interference.
Young’s double slit experiment is very important. Application of interference can also be converted into theory questions. Diffraction at straight edge is to be looked into. Polarization is very easy but students must be careful about plane of vibration and plane of polarization.
Thermo Electricity :
Less number of concepts, easy to memorize. Therefore, students can attempt easily questions from Thermoelectricity. Not much of calculation are required but care is required.
Area wise weightage analysis of EAMCET Physics