WBJEE 2013 : Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme
WBJEE 2013 : West Bengal Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme – WBJEE 2013 TFW for economically backward meritorious students
WBJEE 2013 Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme Details for the year 2013 is made available for the Students. All Students who applied and aspires to appear for WBJEE 2013 Entrance Test are hereby informed to check the Details Regarding WBJEE 2013 Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme
Higher Education Department of West Bengal and WB Govt. hasbeen implemented the Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW) for all AICTE approved Govt. Engineering and Technology Colleges, Govt. aided self-financing Engineering and Technology Colleges, Engineering Departments of State-aided Universities as well as non-aided Self Financing Engineering and Technology Colleges of the State from the academic session of 2011-12. Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme for economically backward meritorious students of the State of West Bengal.
Eligibility for (TFW) Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme :
Students who have been merit listed in the Joint Entrance Examination – 2013 (WBJEE-2013) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board and
i) whose annual family income from all sources is less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs and fifty thousand) only
ii) who are domiciled in West Bengal only shall be eligible for seats under this scheme.
Availability of seats under TFW Scheme along with other modalities:
- Up to maximum 5% of sanctioned intake per course will be made available under this scheme.
- These seats shall be supernumerary in nature.
- The affiliating University shall allow requisite no. of seats over and above the sanctioned strength for each such affiliated college up to maximum 5% of sanctioned intake per course.
- The waiver is limited to the Tuition Fee only for all the Institutions concerned. All other fees except tuition fee will have to be paid by the beneficiary.
- The selection of candidates for the tuition fee waiver scheme shall be decided during the counselling process based on inter-se merit from amongst the eligible candidates. The results of WBJEE 2013 conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will be the basis of the merit in this case.
- In the event of non-availability of students in this category fulfilling all prescribed criteria, the seats shall not be allotted to any other category of applicants.
Competent persons to issue annual family income from all sources:
For the purpose of determining the Annual Income of parents / guardians from all sources, an officer of the State Govt. in the rank of Block Development Officer or Sub-Divisional Officer or Additional District Magistrate or District Magistrate / Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer of State
Central Govt. of similar rank or above in the rural region.
Executive Officer of Municipality / Assistant Commissioner or above in Municipal Commissionerate / Group “A” Gazetted Officer of State or Central Govt. of similar rank or above in the urban region will be competent to issue Income Certificate to be issued to each of such students. It may be noted that aforesaid Income Certificate (refer APPENDIX – VIII) issued by any other person will not be entertained in this regard. No elected people’s representative like municipal commissioner, councillor/alderman of Municipal Corporation, MLA or MP is entitled to issue such certificates.
For More Updates on : WBJEE 2013 Entrance Test