WBJEE 2013 : West Bengal Free-ship (WBFS) Scheme
WBJEE 2013 : West Bengal Free-ship Scheme – WBJEE 2013 WBFS for economically backward meritorious students
West Bengal Free-ship Scheme (WBFS) Details for the year 2013 is made available for the Students. All Students who applied and aspires to appear for WBJEE 2013 Entrance Test are hereby informed to check the Details Regarding WBJEE Free- ship 2013
” AICTE approved Government Engineering & Technology Colleges, Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges as well as all Engineering Departments of state-aided Universities of the State. This scheme runs parallel with the AICTE approved Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme. The certificate used to apply for TFW scheme (refer APPENDIX – VIII) will be applicable for WBFS as well.
Procedure for implementation of WBFS for economically backward meritorious students:
Eligibility West Bengal Free-Ship Scheme 2013 :
Students domiciled in the State of West Bengal, whose Annual family income is less than Rs. 2.50 Lakhs from all sources shall only be eligible for seats under this scheme. The waiver is limited to the Tuition fee only for all the Institutions concerned. All other fees except tuition fees will have to be borne by the beneficiary.
Preconditions for implementation of the West Bengal Free-ship Scheme 2013:
1. The authority for admission shall be the same as for regular admissions and
a) 20% of sanctioned intake per course shall be made available for these admissions under Full-fee waiver or Full-freeship and Half-fee waiver or Half-freeship categories in equal proportion i.e. 10% in each of the above categories.
b) For the Non Aided Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State, only if the concerned College chooses to admit students under Management Quota (MQ) of 10% of the total intake for that specific academic year; this scheme will be applicable. For six (6) Government Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State as well as for the Engineering Departments of state-aided Universities too this scheme will be applicable.
2. The competent authority for implementing this Scheme shall be the Registration and Enrolment authority of the concerned University i.e. the REGISTRAR (viz. Registrar of the West Bengal University of Technology for the Government and Self-Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State or respective Registrars of the Universities like; Jadavpur University, Bengal Engineering & Sciences University etc. for Engineering Departments of those Universities).
3. The Registrar of WBUT, after finalization of enrolment and registration of all students in aforementioned Engineering & Technology colleges, both Government as well as Self-Financing ones; shall check, verify and approve the Priority List prepared by those respective colleges based on the annual income of all such students taking admission in such colleges considering “Means” as the
4. Similarly the Registrars of the other Universities for their respective Engineering Departments shall check, verify and approve the Priority List prepared by those Engineering Departments based on the annual income of all such students taking admission in such Engineering Departments considering “Means” as the determining Criterion.
5. The selection of students under this category shall be made by the aforementioned competent authority once the registration is complete for each such eligible college / institution after the last date of registration notified by the WBUT and for each of the Engineering Departments of other stateaided Universities once their registration is over.
6. Thereafter the competent authority shall prepare a list of students thus admitted under this category who stand to become eligible to receive Full and Half Free-ship for the respective colleges as well as the Engineering Departments of state-aided Universities and shall send the same to the concerned colleges / institutions as well as the Engineering Departments of state-aided Universities to which they are admitted; for further action including informing concerned students.
7. For the purpose of determining the Annual Income of the parents / guardians of the students, all competent authorities mentioned in Clause 14(c), are eligible.
8. The Colleges as well as each of such Engineering Departments of state-aided Universities shall provide the particulars of each beneficiary including name, rank, annual family income from all sources etc; who have been granted the benefit under the WBFS, in a discipline-wise manner to the State Government through the Director of Technical Education, for continuous supervision and monitoring of the Scheme. The formats for submission of various reports as enumerated here in above shall be notified in due course.
9. The name and details of the students receiving benefits of Free-ship shall be displayed on the Notice Board and Website of the respective institutions and each of the Engineering Departments of stateaided Universities. ”
For More Updates on : WBJEE 2013 Entrance Test