GITAM University GAT 2012 Online Counselling Procedure and Schedule
All the Students who are eligible for GITAM University GAT 2012 Entrance Exam are hereby informed that the GITAM University will Conduct Online Counselling for the Merit Listed Candidates in GITAM Entrance Test. GITAM University will intimate the GAT Qualified Rank Holders to attend the GITAM University 2012 Online Counselling with a Call Letter.
Students can Download their Counselling Call Letter For the University Website at the Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Tirupathi Counselling Centers.
Eligibility for GITAM University GAT Admissions and Counselling 2012 :
Students must Satisfy the Eligibility Criteria Admissions to Undergraduate Programs in GITAM University for the Academic year 2012-13.
- Aspirants must Obtain Rank in GITAM University GAT 2012 Entrance Test.
- Pass in 10+2 / 12th examination from a recognized Central / State Board or its equivalent either in 2012 or 2011 subject to securing the following percentage of marks in specified subjects.
- B.Tech. (except Biotechnology) Programs : A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and 1st Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination in single attempt.
- B.Tech. in Biotechnology: A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry or Biology, Physics & Chemistry and 1st Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination in single attempt.
- Candidates who are appearing for 10+2/12th examination in 2012 or who passed 10+2/12th examination in 2011 only are eligible. Students who passed 10+2/12th examination in 2010 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear for GAT (UGT) 2012.
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Arch. program should qualify NATA exam.
GITAM University Counselling Fee :
All the Candidates who are attending the GITAM University 2012 Counselling have to Pay an Amount of Rs 800/- as a Counselling fee which is non Refundable at the Registration Counter of the Councelling Center.
Certificates/Documents to be Produced at Time of Counselling :
Aspirants should Bring their Original Certificates with two sets of Xerox copies.
- GITAM University GAT 2012 Call Letter
- 10th Marks List.
- 12th /Intermediate Marks list and Pass Certificate.
- Transfer Certificates (TC), Study Certificate and Conduct Certificate.
- Community Certificates for Reserved Categories (SC/ST).
- Medical Certificate from not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon in case of PH Candidates.
Important Points to Remember :
- The selected candidates shall pay the university fee immediately in the form of Challan at Bank counter available in counseling centre or Demand Draft drawn in favor of GITAM University, payable at Visakhapatnam.
- If the candidate fails to pay the fee after allotment of the seat, the seat will be cancelled automatically without any notice. The candidate will not be given any extension of time to pay the university fee.
- The details of seats available in various programmes at Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad campuses will be displayed at counseling centres and also on the university website during counseling process.
- Candidates will be called in the order of their ranks and alloted seats available at that point of time.
- The rule of reservation (SC/ST/PH) will be maintained as per UGC guidelines / norms as applicable to the Universtiy.
- The physical presence of the candidate at the counseling is mandatory. If a candidate is unable to present due to unavoidable circumstances from being physically present for the counseling, the candidate may authorise his / her parent / guardian to represent at the counseling along with original certificates and prescribed fee.
- Only parent or Guardian is allowed along with candidate for the counseling.
- Candidates may have to stay on the subsequent day, if necessary.
- Mere attending the counseling does not confer right for admission as candidates called are more than the number of seats available.
Source : http://www.gitam.edu/Admissions/campus.aspx?dept=DAR&id=136
For More information on : GITAM University GAT 2012 Entrance Exam