Click on a Star to Rate
Overall: Placements: Faculty:
Engineering Colleges in India -> Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra -> ARMY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
ARMY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
University : University of Pune
Address : Dighi Hills
District : PUNE
Pin Code : 411015
State : Maharashtra
Website : www.aitpune.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (020)27157534,27157612
Fax : 20-27157534
AICTE Approval : AICTE Approved
Start year : 1994
Courses Offered : Courses offered:
* Computer Science and Engineering
* Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
* Information Technology
* Mechanical Engineering
Other Information : ADMISSION TO AIT
Availability of Seats
1. For the FE courses commencing July/August 2009, 240 seats are available at AIT (60 seats each in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Engineering and Information Technology).
2. The eligibility criteria for admission to AIT is given in detail in the Prospectus which will be available from first week of February 2009. Brief outline is as below :-
(a) Candidate must be a child of one of the following:-
(i) Serving Army Persons.
(ii) Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes children of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation or demise.
(iii) Ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge/release after 10 years of service.
(iv) War widow.
(b) Children of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental medical officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 yrs.
(c) Details of eligibility of adopted/step children, APS personnel and MNS/TA personnel are as in the prospectus.
(d) Should have passed, or appeared for 10+2 exam, at the time of applying for admission to AIT. Minimum acceptable mark in PCM are 50%.
(e) Age of the candidate must be between 16 to 21 years on 01 Jul 2009.
(f) Must be an Indian citizen, or a PIO who obtains Indian citizenship before admission.
3. AIT admission is based on the Rank obtained in the All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE). All applicants are therefore required to appear in AIEEE and also apply to AIT.
AIEEE Application Form
4. Candidate can apply for AIEEE 2009 either on the prescribed Application Form or make application 'Online'. Address for obtaining/sending complete Application Form and clarification, if any is as under :
The Joint Secretary (AIEEE Unit)
Central Board of Secondary Education
Shiksha Sadan, 17,Rouse Avenue,
Institutional Area (Near Bal Bhawan)
New Delhi - 110 002
Tele 011-55296269 Fax 011-23220152
011-23214194, 011-23220157 011-23220156
5. The All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE-2009) will be conducted on 26 Apr 2009. The sale of AIEEE Application Forms is expected to commence from 01 Dec 2008 and likely to be on sale till early Jan 2009. Further details may be obtained from AIEEE or their website www.aieee.nic.in.
6. The last date of receipt of forms at AIEEE is to be ascertained from their advertisements, web site or regional offices located in the states.
Note :- AIT does not sell/issue AIEEE Application Form nor indulges in any process of conduct of the said exam.
AIT Application Form
7. AIEEE Application Form should be filled before AIT Application Form. The AIEEE Roll No must be endorsed on the AIT Application Form before submitting it to AIT. Failure to do so would result in rendering the AIT Application Form null and void.
8. Admission notice to AIT will be published in selected national newspapers in the first week of Jan 2009. It will also be hosted on the AIT website www.aitpune.com.
Cost of AIT Application
9. Prospectus and Application Form can be obtained by hand or by post from AIT as well as from HQ Commands and Army HQ (AWES Branch). The Prospectus can also be downloaded from our website. Cost of Prospectus and Application form is as follows:-
(i) By Post :- Rs 650/- through bank Demand Draft drawn in favour of Director, AIT payable at Pune.
(ii) By Hand :- Rs 600/- through bank Demand Draft drawn in favour of Director, AIT payable at Pune.
(iii) Down-loaded Forms:- Down-loaded Application Form should be accompanied with a bank Demand Draft for Rs 600/- drawn in favour of Director, AIT payable at Pune. The details of Bank Draft should be mentioned clearly in the Application Form.
10. AIT Application Form will be open for sale from first week of February 2009. Last date for submission of completed Application Form is 15 May 2009. After that AIT forms can be submitted along with a late fee of Rs 500/- till 25th May 2009.
11. Counseling at AIT, Pune, will be after one month from the date of declaration of AIEEE Results. Dates of counseling will be hosted on the AIT website www.aitpune.com. Joining Instructions will be dispatched to the first 500 AIT Merit holders.
Filling up of AIEEE form and AIT Form is compulsory. Failing to fill up any one of the form will lead to rejection of admission to AIT.
sruti4th September 2012 9:01am
Page 1 of 1 (8 comments)
Note : The information on this page might not be the latest information. If you feel that any of the details mentioned above need to be modified, or if you feel any other details need to be added, please feel free to give us the information by adding a comment above